Friday, May 16, 2008

NoFollow or DoFollow Link Tag?


I have just done my routine ExLinks check on my "Nice Cool Links" and removed those whom deleted my link on their index page T_T
and also relocated (to "more cool links page") those whom have moved my link to their Link Page. hmmm...
and to those whom have put my links into NoFollow Tag then I will also do the same thing...hmmm that's just to be fair right?

Since I'm not that busy, I have to research something related to my task as Web Developer and Internet Marketer on my client's website hmmm the Topic I chose for today is about NoFollow and DoFollow tags, will it really put your PR high or Low?

surfing... and researching...
so here are my notes:

DoFollow is a normal link that look like this
<a href="http://www.ice9web.com">Ice 9 Web</a>

but a NoFollow Link will have the addition of rel="nofollow"
<a href="http://www.ice9web.com" rel="nofollow">Ice 9 Web </a>


The nofollow link tag is to provide Link Builders with the opportunity to add a link to a website without leaking PageRank to the page they have linked to. Unfortunately, MSN and Yahoo appear to ignore NoFollow Tags and we have seen links with Nofollow tags appear on site searches in Google as well, so The question is, how effective are they to prevent PR leakage?

Nofollow tag was made to avoid forum spam and blogspam, where most people simply leave useless messages (but in Blogger Comments are automatically set to NoFollow Tag so you don't need to worry about it being spam) to gain some benefit from the links on the blog or forum.

NoFollow=NoValue. So Why NoFollow on text ads, sites, and your blogs if there is NoValue in terms of search engine indexing? What if Google directory was made to use nofollow? Will anyone continue to buy listings?
Absolutely, the worth of that directory would be totally nulled because of nofollow tags were applied to the links.

No Follow S U C K S!!! because the search engines (particularly Google) can not make up their mind how and when it should be used, thus causing confusion among inexperienced Developers and Link Builders who do S T U P I D things like No Follow ALL outgoing links from their website to “protect the site from page rank leakage” very silly ideas.

No-follow is one of the poor search engine’s solutions to conceal its own failure to rank websites appropriately. ano sunod, NoLinking?

Search engines will be able to develop a rule of identifying and devaluing links to spam sites which were placed in blog comments as Blogger.com do. . .

NoFollow S U C K S Learn and Check It!

What are you insights on NoFollow tag? Do you support the use of NoFollow Linking?

I hate those who will link my page with NoFollow Tag... just watch out for it I always do my routine check, FF do its thing I can automatically detect links with NoFollow (grrrrrrr humanda kayo ganon din gagawain ko sa link ninyo!)

Feel free to share your insights to me via Comments.

Related Previous Posts:







~~~

14 comments:

  1. I have learned according to my experience... in blogger the when you link someone it is automatically set to do follow But your Comments are link to NO-FOLLOW kaya Blogger.com can't be spam right away

    But in wordpress.org automatically most link are set to NoFollow and comments are set to doFollow kaya ayon! spam (ang sarap kainin ^_^)

    You must download a plugin for wordpress to make it DoFollow and also set your comments to NoFollow like blogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. to make this topic more clear...
    having a blogRoll set to noFollow is not really called Reciprocal linking.. it is just a one way link!

    Reciprocal or ExChange Linking means => both parties must be set to DoFollow so both of you will help each other in SEO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have set all my links including those in the comments, to DOFOLLOW. I am not that knowledgeable in these things and I hope what I'm doing is correct.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @monaco:
    its ok to set your blogRoll links to DoFollow, but your comments should be NoFollow if it reach beyond 10 links

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have checked my wordpress 2.5 blog (http://www.cnsqonline.com) and search wordpress.org for plugins apparently both links AND comments are DO FOLLOW and there's no plugin for DO Follow blogroll links

    ReplyDelete
  6. @cesar noel
    ok lang kung mag doFollow ka sa comments basta wag lang lalampas ng sobrang dami like 20 kasi ma spam un page.
    so kung lalampas ka ng ganon set mo nalang manually as nofollow

    ReplyDelete
  7. nyok... too much dofollow links can squeeze ur blog juice, that's why nofollow tags exist :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Jehz:
    I have mine all DoFollow blogroll ko wala man lagi ... ok pa man PR ko.

    ReplyDelete
  9. To bad BlogCatalog isn't passing YOU any PR since they use nofollow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh really Rose deRochers,

    I didn't notice but I think blogcatalog is passing you traffic from its members right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ice! Thank you for dropping a comment on my blog. I've seen your other blogs and I think I love them :)..lots of info about seo and web development. I just have a question about nofollow/dofollow...I'm not really good when it comes to codes.. so ibig sabihin..sa blogger ay automatic na no-follow ung sa comments kahit wla ka ng gawing editing sa template codes?...waah please explain. (sensya na ha :) Thank you very much! Happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes Anmari:
    sa blogger automatic na "no-follow" un link sa mga comments you don't need to change anything sa codes pero un "Link List" sa blogger naka "do-follow" yun siya.

    I have not manage to change the template codes pero ang ginawa ko is the HTML ko nalang ginawa sa widget niya :) pwede mo din lagyan ng rel="nofollow"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks - this was most helpful. I've removed the nofollow tags from my blog.

    I've also modified Randa Clay's standard badge to show support for "You Comment I Follow" to create an 88*32 badge that you can see and copy here:

    http://companiesactingbadly.blogspot.com/2009/01/you-comment-i-follow.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the message (^_^)

If you look into my eyes
will you see my love for you?
If you look at my lips
will you know it's meant for you?

Everything happens for reasons...
Every moment has its own seasons...

The right time will come,
we will be together for eternity,
The right moment will come
our bond shall be filled with God's Blessings and Security.

© Aice Nice Poems