Thursday, January 7, 2021

Pork Sinigang Na Lechon


Today my lunch was Sinigang na Lechon... Lechon is a whole pig - roasted using coal.

This is for my own reference... so this recipe is not well explained and measures are not noted because basically, most Asian food doesn't do the precise measuring, we only adjust according to how much and the taste of the main ingredient in this case its - Lechon
so if the Lechon is salty we usually reduce the salt. and so on...

Preparation if the Lechon has been frozen like in my case... this is the leftover from Christmas lunch...
(I did the preparation last night before going to sleep ... while I'm sleeping it is starting to cook for 8 hours)
Add frozen Lechon in Ceramic pot ... make sure the pot is first outside the slow cooker because there will be moisture, we don't want to have moist inside the slow cooker heating area... Then
just add Boiling Water slowly in a ceramic pot ... wipe the moisture outside the ceramic pot ... slow-cooked for 8 hours on Low settings with:
  • Green Chilli Sword
  • Onion Powder
  • Garlic Powder
  • Pork Cubes
  • Ginger
  • Water
  • Sinigang Mix
  • salt and pepper then After 8 hours of slow cooking... the moment I woke up - turned the slow cooker off ... to prepare the veggies... and of course prepare to work.. 3 hours before lunch... Turn ON the slow cooker ON Low
  • Add Labanos (Radish)
  • Kang-Kong (Water Spinach)
Cook for 45 mins before adding
  • Onion Leaves - cook till the onion leaves turned bright green
make sure it is 1 hour before lunch this soup is ready :)

This is how it looks like...

2 comments:

  1. I found it quite interesting;so,I posted it on my FB Timeline for the benefit of my Filipinos friends.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=706731033563493&id=100026798086457

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the message (^_^)

If you look into my eyes
will you see my love for you?
If you look at my lips
will you know it's meant for you?

Everything happens for reasons...
Every moment has its own seasons...

The right time will come,
we will be together for eternity,
The right moment will come
our bond shall be filled with God's Blessings and Security.

© Aice Nice Poems