Thursday, May 14, 2009

What is friendship?

What exactly is "to be a friend" and "being a friend"? In short What is friendship?
From Merriam Webster dictionary Friendship means
Main Entry: friend·ship
Pronunciation: \ˈfren(d)-ˌship\
Function: noun
Date: before 12th century
1: the state of being friends
2: the quality or state of being friendly : friendliness
3obsol: obsolete : aid
source: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/friendship

I'm confuse on how "the world react" to "being a friend" or "being true friend". Most people are friendly with strangers specially if the person is completely handsome or sexy in other words physically attractive. Would you consider that as a friend?

I learned from attending the Bible study, someone said "you must know your friend first, to be a friend", in short know the person first... hmmm I thought "sounds like in the world today I can only have few friends" since I can sense right away if the person has a good or bad motives, and I can feel in terms of knowing the good or bad aura in a person. Never do I want to act like judgemental, but even if I give a certain person "the benefit of the doubt" still ends up "my senses are right".

In my interactions these days, if I sense something negative in the person's aura, I tend to be aloof, as the saying goes "prevention is better than cure", but if that person talk to me in a nice way, of course I will answer nicely. Still seldom will you see me to be the first one to drop a chat. Unlike before, I'm friendly, I don't care much even if I sense the negative side of the person in short "I had so many friends but who secretly hates me"... Is it
"Discouragement, Jealous, or envy"? the tool Satan use to those kind of people around me?
I can never say but all I know "hurt" is what I felt. Anyway, "those days" the past are completely healed and gone.

I watched the DVD movie Clique, there was this line of question "Would you have: a.) lots of friends who secretly hates you. Or b.) A friendless looser?

One thing I absolutely learned from experience "being friendless" or "with very few friends" doesn't mean you're "being a looser", all we need is to have a good relationship with our Lord God and everything will follow in "a good way" and not the other way around. Thoughts, thinking, and what we entertain in our brain are very important as we can never keep anything from God and it will show through the words we use, specially in expressions, "The tag line", as much as possible I don't use any, still I slip my tongue once in awhile but, am aware it is slowly dying in my habits.

Imagine being with people who secretly hates you, waiting for your every little mistake that they can emphasize and create a "tag line" to talk about and make fun with, in short "Blasphemy", the world wants it so bad that entertainment news never runs out of fans.

ice9web

~~~

6 comments:

  1. nyahahahaha... nag emo si ate ice.

    God sent us too many friends but we need also to select who are best.

    Friendly is someone who listens, who tells you the truth about yourself. Someone who don't leave no matter how much time you have spent with them.

    Pero... if you would ask me, mas gugustuhin ko nalang na iisa lamang ang friend ko kesa naman sa marami ngunit hates you in secretly.

    Based on my experiences, a friend will hates you secretly if you would do the same.

    Be yourself lang kapag nakikipag kaibigan...mas mabuti at mas maganda kung walang halong pagkukuwanri right? Isa pa... sa mga cases na "hates you secretly", mas mabuting huwag agad magtiwala...

    bwahahha... nalingaw man ko sa imong post uie..

    partial lang sa ni ha... ugma ang continuation. Better watch out. ahahaha...

    uli na ko.. c u tomorrow.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Jean,

    long time no comment ... hmmm sure ka comment to siya? murag post lagi na meron pang to be continued... aheheeh sige abangan ko ha (^_^) ahihihi

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think its really a challenge to find true friends in the world today ;-) so when you meet someone who is worth keeping, never let her go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah.. but sometimes to have many good friends.. you need to be a good friend too... :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Darlyn,

    you're right, that is my point in my post... you must also have limitations in being nice as not to be taken for granted! (^_^) I have found true friendship with few people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Friendship is one of the most beautiful relationships one can have.

    hey,
    i hope you drop by my site too!


    =)
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the message (^_^)

If you look into my eyes
will you see my love for you?
If you look at my lips
will you know it's meant for you?

Everything happens for reasons...
Every moment has its own seasons...

The right time will come,
we will be together for eternity,
The right moment will come
our bond shall be filled with God's Blessings and Security.

© Aice Nice Poems