Saturday, March 17, 2018

One Weird But Spiritual Day

A Long Day?

Today plans are ...
for Abreeza ... to change my ATM to new EMV chip enabled, and to replace the wall clock bought in Izumi...

I decided to ride a jeep instead of (expensive) taxi -  choose a wrong jeep - El Rio... good thing the driver is friendly he didn't let me pay and help me to ride Buhangin jeep.

Totally need to refresh my memory, it's been more than 3 years riding a taxi all the time.
Driver said .. to go from Abreeza to SM Lanang (Panacan via JP Laurel, SM Lanang)
From Abreeza to SM Ecoland (going to Pociano then ride Ecoland)

Finally at Abreeza...


I got lost... can't remember the exact name of Japan store .... was it  2nd or 3rd floor... went to the elevator, asked the lady who operates it,  "do you know that Japan Store?" she said to go the department store there and go up straight... When I got there it wasn't the same place I wanted to go... it was Daizo LOL
Anyway, window shopping and bought some important stuffs...

After Daizo, I went to ask the lady inside the Elavator again ...
I think there is another Japan store in Abreeza right?...
then she said oh the other one, on that side beside escalator... there I found Izumi ... hai!

then eat my late lunch in Bahay Verde,
the food wasn't that delicious, but it was fine...
The tables there was mostly good for 4 to 6 persons...
I look for small table (good for 2) none available cause there was only 1 table like that and it was occupied...
so I sat facing the food counter on the table that's good for 6...

Since the food wasn't that tasty, I ate so slow, trying to think of what things to buy in the grocery because I lost my grocery list. Thinking of dish to cook so to list the ingredients...



Moments passed a guy with very long gray beard (look old around 70 maybe) came in to see the food... but he didn't get the food at the "eat all you can" buffet table ... instead he went to get the pack of Kale Bread not sure what else he bought but he choose to sit on the table where I am ... he didn't say anything (if he could sit there) but he just took the seat at left most part of me.
Sense "that was weird", I quickly try to eat as fast as I can to finish my food and wanted to leave... cause he also look kinda weird with the very long hair and beard, but I don't want to judge him by giving him a negative reactions... So I didn't look at him, just stayed calm and didn't mind him at all... Anyway it's kinda mid rectangle table but not that big really. I looked around and found that there was actually two empty tables on the other side... why didn't he took one of them?

Few mins passed a foreigner went in to see the food... I didn't notice he already got a food, when I looked in front of me, the foreigner was already there asking "is it ok if I seat on this table Ma'am? sir?" he looked at me and the old man, I replied "it's ok" and smiled.

then I thought why didn't he took one of the empty tables beside our table? hmmm...

he tasted his food and said to the waiter... wow! this is the best fish I ever tasted!
when I looked at his food it was - Pork Adobo...
I said to the foreigner "that's actually Pork Adobo not fish"...
he asked "excuse me? what's Adobo?"
the waiter then said... sir that's Pork Adobo...
he was shocked saying "what?! you're saying this is meat!?" and looked at me...
I said "yes that's Meat because it's made of Pork as in Pig." I looked at the old man with the long beard because I was thinking he might be a Muslim.

The foreigner got irritated and said .. "well I asked a guy over there and said this was Fish!"
I looked at him you know scanning his reactions cause he might get mad and all ... and I also looked at the guy he said that told him it was Fish... I didn't say anything cause really my sense are trying to be alert cause two strangers are in my table hey! :)

the foreigner added "oh I guess it's my fault I didn't really hear him well cause I'm 86"

Just gave him a smile and try to finish my desert...

Felt calm and at ease at this time ... the foreigner actually look like 60 but as he said he is 86...
We had a talk about Church...
he said that he doesn't like going to church because the church hinder people from growing spiritually, but he does believe in having relationship with God.
(I thought why are we talking about church here... funny that we started the conversation in Pork Adobo LOL)

I don't want to argue with him but rather want to know where is he coming from... why is he perceiving church hinder someone from spiritual growth?
he said that he has been in too many churches from one church to another, and one country to another, and till he got to this Spiritual guide in India, (Idolatry got into my mind) I let him talk and talk and I just listen to understand ... he mentioned he was diagnose with bone marrow cancer before by a doctor here in Davao... was married to a virgin 21 y/o lady .. but left her with the Canadian guy...

(my thoughts were... why are you this open to me? I mean you're talking to a stranger.. weird or isn't it?)

And he said that "I thank God for giving me cancer and having that situation" and he was healed slowly and he competed with Mr. Body Builder in Davao 3 years ago he got the 7th place...

(really? you said you are 86 so minus 3 would be like 83, and you got the 7th place really?)

I replied to him... "I really don't know about this Mr. Body Competition here in Davao isn't there any age limit in that competition?"

He laugh a bit and said "now we are talking, I like the way you listen to me"

he did said there was no age limit in that competition etc... but our conversation was focus on Relationship with God and Not or No need to go to Church because it hinders spiritual Growth as he explain that if all people who goes to church are like 2 billion in this world, and they are spiritually mature then our world would be much better place than it is now.

my mind was saying... he is too assuming that every people who goes to church are perfect!

Since we are having the conversation I thought I want to take a photo of us... with permission to them that I will post it online.. this is our photo:


I told him that going to church doesn't mean we automatically grow spiritually healthy it's also like people who are sick that needs hospital and not all people who goes to the hospital gets automatically healthy, do you know what I mean? there is this process, choices each individual has to make in order to grow spiritually healthy and we can't blame that to the church itself.. the same as we can't blame the hospital if someone didn't get better or expected to be healed right away inside the hospital right? you can't also blame the doctors.. which is also the pastors or spiritual leader if an individual going to church is not Spiritually mature.

we had a long conversation but not arguing or contradicting each other... half of me is saying to leave him and do the grocery another half of me wants to stay to get to know why is he mad at the church... then I felt in my heart that I do need to leave.. you know that moment where the conversation is good you want to stay but your reactions are giving the impression of wanting to leave and he read that.. and he ended the conversation of saying...

See, I never met someone like you, you are not judging me, I know that you don't agree in everything I said specially about the church, but still you didn't argue with me and I like that... you're different from all the people I talked with.. you're special, there's something in you that makes me like you and I love you for it.. because I know you agree with me about relationship with God... (I nod yes)

Why would I judge you? I'm not even a lawyer, (he smiled) I haven't created anything in this world, I mean I'm not the creator who knows it all so I can't argue what's inside your heart and can never judge you.

he said "you're a very beautiful woman, I can see it, you have a beautiful heart"

(is he flirting with me now)

Until the time I really need to leave... He said I love you like 3 times? I replied... thank you it's really sweet of you... he gave me that starring look straight into my eyes.

...

That was definitely my first time to have a long conversation with two strangers!
somehow I know it wasn't a coincidence and God is guiding me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the message (^_^)

If you look into my eyes
will you see my love for you?
If you look at my lips
will you know it's meant for you?

Everything happens for reasons...
Every moment has its own seasons...

The right time will come,
we will be together for eternity,
The right moment will come
our bond shall be filled with God's Blessings and Security.

© Aice Nice Poems